Wednesday 15 August 2012

Maungatautari Reserve

Maungatautari Reserve As you enter the Maungatautari Reserve, not half of the enchanting greenery will meet your expectations… Open your mind to the native trees and the green plantation as you stand at the top of the watchtower. See what you are looking at, when you gaze upon the tiny berries and the fairy sized streams. Listen to the wondrous sound of the native birds chirping as if they want attention. Sit down and let the whistling wind rush across your face, and see if you can hear the woosh of the rustling plants and the tinkle of the rushing streams. Sit on the dwarf sized seats and listen to the screeching of the Kaka. Listen also to its flapping wings. Admire the soft footsteps of the Takahe. Let the smell of the fresh pine and kauri waft around you, like a thunder of dragons circling their prey. If you venture in the morning you shall smell the fresh morning dew. Admire the scent of the newly dug dirt and the fresh water brooks. Come to Maungatautari and find the wonders that await you! Description Written by Penelope Hare

6 comments:

  1. Penelope, I have loved reading your wonderful description of Maungatautari reserve. Your adjectives really help me to paint pictures in my mind. Well done to all of you in Ruma Kotare. Mrs Marsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your story
    it painted an amazing picture in my
    head.from Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Penelope - what a great description. It felt like I was walking in the reserve and seeing all those things in 'real life' From Ms Copping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penelope, I was at that very place last year and your description brought all the sights and sounds back to me. Keep writing. Stephen in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Penelope that's a great piece of descriptive writing. For us almost as good as being there and conjuring up a great picture in sight and sound. Look forward to more - David & Jan Steeple Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Penelope. Wow - you're a natural storyteller! I could just imagine being there, with all the sights and sounds and smells. I enjoyed your description so much that, at first, I felt a little sad because I'm so far away. Afterwards I felt happy again because I'm hopeful that one day Jim and I will be able to visit NZ and we'll get to see all of these beautiful things with you and the family. Thanks for allowing me to imagine this enchanting part of the world.
    Philippa in Forest Row, England

    ReplyDelete