Monday 3 September 2012

Rural Schools Cross Country



Rural Schools Interschool Cross Country
Friday 31 August 2012

Written by Alex Kenel

3,2,1 beep! The eight year old girls have just started their 1km run around Karapiro Domain.

The schools that were at the Rural Schools Cross Country day were Goodwood, Roto-o-Rangi, Hora Hora, Karapiro, Kaipaki, Te Miro and St Peters Catholic.

The winner is… drum roll… bang, bang, bang Genevieve from Goodwood. Aimee came second and Rachel came fourth also from Goodwood.

The eight year old boys are coming up to the starting line, beep, and they’re off. They are already half way through the track and someone from Goodwood is coming third. Nearly at the finish line and Cullan has come third.

The nine year old boys have just been called up. ‘Yay, that’s me’, I thought as I was called up. I wasn’t going very well at the start but when I was half way through I was coming sixth. As I was running up the steepest hill of the track I could hear my Dad and all the other Goodwood kids cheering me on, 3,2,1. I am past the finish coming tenth. I was so, so, so pleased with myself. I though to myself that was my fastest run ever. When I finished my race I had to get 10 written on my hand and then tell someone that I came tenth so they could write it on a certificate.

When I went back to Mum and Dad I asked for some money so I could buy an ice-block and a sausage. The last races were 10, 11, 12 and 13 year olds.


1 comment:

  1. well done geneiveve,aimee and racheal.from aimee.

    ReplyDelete